02 Mar Beet and Sweet Potato Cakes
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium beet
1 small onion
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lemon juice
2 1/2 Tbsp flour
1. Peel beet and sweet potato.
2. Shred beet, sweet potato, and onion with a grater or food processor.
3. Add cumin, lemon, and salt/pepper. Then add the egg and mix through.
4. Add flour and mix again.
5. Heat a cast iron or heavy skillet to med-low. Add enough oil to coat the pan.
6. Spoon mixture into the center of the pan and press flat with a spatula. The layer should be thin and even. Let the pancake cook until it starts to brown. Loosedn the cake around the edges of the pan with a spatula, and shake to ensure separation. Flip the cake and cook until the other side is golden brown.
7. Rest on a paper towel while cooking the others. Yum!