24 Feb Zucchini Frittata with Basil
1 1/2 lb zucchini or summer squash, coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed or minced
3 Tbsp copped basil leaves
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1. Toss the zucchini with 1 tsp salt and set aside in a colander for 20 minutes.
2. Rinse briefly, then squeeze dry.
3. Warm half the olive oil in a wide skillet over med-high heat. Add zucchini and cook until it’s dry and fleck with gold in a few places, about 6 minutes.
4. Transfer zucchini to a bowl and wipe out the pan. Preheat the broiler. Beat the eggs with a few pinches of salt and pepper, then stir in the garlic, zucchini, basil, and cheese.
5. Add the remaining oil to the pan and when it’s hot add the eggs. Lower the heat and cook for a minute or 2, then give the pan a few jerks to make sure the eggs are loose on the bottom. If they’re sticking, loosen them with a thin rubber spatula.
6. Cook over med-low heat until the eggs are set and the top is nearly dry, about 10 minutes.
7. Put the frittata 4-6 inches under the broiler to finish cooking the top.